A look into the paths of my life, eclectic, delightfully old fashioned a little quirky. Look for great pictures of my travels.
It is August yet?
Get link
Facebook
X
Pinterest
Email
Other Apps
I actually like winter, but I find myself anxious for August, must be because that's when Ren Faire begins! I think I'd like to investigate others, having only been to the PA Ren Faire, any suggestions?
The Empire Strikes back is not only my favorite Star Wars film but one of my all time favorite movies. There’s so much to love about it, meeting Yoda, seeing Luke’s development as a Jedi, Leia and Han’s relationship, and of course, Lando Calrissian, because what woman doesn’t admire a cape wearing man? I remember as a kid enjoying seeing how the friendships between them all have developed from a New Hope. Even though Han and Leia get pretty fed up with C3P0 they are still concerned when he goes missing on Cloud City and even though Chewbacca has just been tortured, he still goes about repairing him, because as insufferable as the droid can be, he’s still a friend. Yes, he’s a droid whose services are valued, but I think it goes deeper than that in much the same way Luke fee...
I know some people would not consider trips to museums to be exciting adventures, but I beg to differ. Museums are windows into the past, collections of beloved pastimes, and an exploration of the human spirit. I sset Acres Museum in Huntingdon PA managed to showcase the wonders of history without forgetting the sadder, grimmer side, such as the story of the last man hanged for murder in the area. However, it was definitely a fun visit with something to spark everyone’s interest, vintage toys, WW2 uniforms, cars, old medical equipment, train sets, camera, antique printing presses, and so much more. The museum is divided into three large main buildings and as with most museums, they have many more items in storage. The first building resembles a barn from the outside, so it’s natural that a section of the large exhibit space is dedicated to farm equipment. ...
I don’t cook very much, but I love cooking omelets. There’s easy to make and you can anything you want. I feel rather accomplished when I cook my breakfast rather than just heat something in the toaster or microwave, which is what I normally do. The other aspect of omelets that I enjoy is that even if you mess them up, there still edible. If you misjudge, like I did this morning, and flip the egg mixture too soon you end up with scrambled eggs rather than omelet. In a restraint you’d need to start over, but at home, you can just shrug your shoulders, stir up the eggs, cheese, meat, and spinach and enjoy the unexpected twist in your morning.
Comments
Post a Comment