Learning Curves

Everyone learns at their own pace. During the school years, teachers, parents, and even other students help kids learn effectively at that pace, even if the pace cannot be quickened. However, once we reach adulthood, the grown ups around us expect everyone to learn at the same pace, fast. They also expect several tasks to be learned and done at once, what we call multitasking. Some, master this, even thrive under stressful, busy schedules, some muddle through, and other fail.
Some people are just slower then others. I'm one of them. Now, I'm not stupid, I've never been diagnosed with a learning disability, though I've wondered if some exist, I'm just slow. I work best doing one or few things at a time. I believe that people should be challenged to expand their skills, but not everyone's expanding skills are the same.  Some people are not and never will be effective multitasksers. God just did not wire all brains alike because He wanted to fill the word with different talents. Einstein and Charlotte Bronte did not think alike, but it doesn't make one less of a person than the other.
I wish my fellow adults would realize this and encourage others to learn how to work in the way that is right for them, while still giving them challenges to better, not change themselves.


http://video.msnbc.msn.com/nbc-news/47524898#47524898

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What to Watch After Stranger Things

Robin Hood is one of the Best Disney Movies

Renn Faire in the Rain