Little Vacations

This year for Memorial Day my family and I went on a small trip first to the Tamaqua Railroad Station and then on to Cabela's an enormous hunting, camping, and outdoors store. Both made for a very nice day trip.  First, was the  Tamaqua Railroad















The station itself was closed. My brother who works nearby explained that it once housed a restaurant and a  gift shop, but both had closed up. However, he said a new restaurant would be opening soon, which is good news. I hate for these grand old buildings to sit dormant.
While the train cars that sat on the unused portions of track are in need of a fresh coat of paint, they were still fun to see and in my nephew and niece's case, climb on.













After eating lunch, we went on to Cabela's.  My sister law told me it had a mountain with stuffed goats right in the middle of the sales floor, but I was not expecting how huge the entire place would be! While it's primarily a store there are all sorts of taxidermist displays arranged in replicas of their natural habitat. It was like being in a frozen zoo or animal preserve. I had a very good time just looking around and sampling fudge in the small fudge shop, though if I ever wanted to go camping I'd love to go there to look at the tents and other accessories.  But for that day it was an inexpensive and unexpected little vacation.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What to Watch After Stranger Things

Robin Hood is one of the Best Disney Movies

Renn Faire in the Rain