At the Beach


I got the chance to go to the beach last month. It was my first time since I was around nine years old.  While I prefer the forest, I’d forgotten how much I also love the ocean. There’s just something about it that stirs the imagination and draws me back.



I visited two of the Delaware beaches, Bethany and Rehoboth with my good friends, Nicole and Tim. Before going to the beach, we stopped for doughnuts at the hilariously named The Fractured Prune. Nicole had enthusiastically recommend the shop for years, so I was excited to finally try one of these fabled, made to order cake doughnuts. I tried S’mores and coffee flavored doughnuts and found her enthusiasm to be well placed.  I loved them so much, I wish there was a Fractured Prune near me!














After collecting our doughnuts, we drove to Bethany Beach.  After seeing glimpse of the sand and water along the way, I was getting anxious to be on the sand and in the water.  I was thrilled when we found a parking spot and were able to set up our chairs on the sand. Nicole and I walked down and waded in the water; even though it was extremely cold, it was still great to be in the ocean.  I collected some broken seashells and then we all ate sandwiches. I did some writing as well and while the story didn’t take place on the beach, being there helped me write. It was also great fun watching kids play and guys surfing.  I would have liked to go swimming, but it was just too cold that day, so hopefully next visit it will be warmer. 


Our trip to Rehoboth Beach wasn’t was relaxing due to a high school prom being held there.  We couldn’t not find a single parking place, so Tim dropped Nicole and I off. We walked around the boardwalk, which has a variety of shops, restaurants and arcades. It looked like a lot of fun and I’d love to go back someday.

For now, I’m just glad I was able to go to the ocean with wonderful friends





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What to Watch After Stranger Things

Robin Hood is one of the Best Disney Movies

Renn Faire in the Rain