Busy Summer





This summer may have been the busiest of my adult life. As a teenager, I went to summer camp, taught back yard Bible clubs, and went on family vacations.  Save for a Gettysburg trip and a bridal shower a few years ago, my summers as of late have been much less busy.
            This summer however, was different, mostly due to my dad and planning a number of activities for my niece and nephew.  Sometimes, that’s a great way to have fun yourself, plan things for other people that you’ll enjoy as well.  Though, planning a bit for yourself is a good thing too.
            Along with the kids’ activities, I had some new experiences this summer, a trampoline park, and a historic mining village. The trampoline park was definitely one of the kid’s activities.  However, when I was buying the tickets online I wondered if I shouldn’t jump with just to supervise, so I bought a ticket for myself as well. I was extremely glad that I made that decision since I had as much fun as the kids. I had no idea all that jumping was going to be such a fun workout. I would return, not just with the kids, but with friends as well. 


 


The mining village was somewhere I’d wanted to visit for a long time and decided that since it was so close to where niece and nephew lived, I’d just take them along.  We all ended up having an excellent time as I blogged about earlier this summer. 



We also went to Claws ‘N PawsWild Animal Park, which was also for the kids, but in a way for me as well since I not only love the place, but we went on my birthday.  We all had a wonderful time, kids and adults alike.


One adventure this summer was not new, but never ceases to be incredible was a trip to the Pennsylvania RenaissanceFaire. Actually, I’ve squeezed in two trips this summer with an upcoming the second day of fall. 
Cu Dubh 







I also attend a Hobbit themed birthday party for a good friend, where we danced, explored The Old Forrest, and of course ate. 
 Image may contain: one or more people, tree, plant, grass, child, outdoor and nature  Image may contain: dessert and food 

My dad, niece, nephew explored Edwards Garden Center a return visit for my dad and I but a first time one for the kids.







We also took a very hot, but very fun hike at Frances Slocum State Park.   
 Image may contain: 1 person, standing, tree, sky, plant, outdoor and nature    Image may contain: grass, plant, text, outdoor and nature 

A friend and I attend a River fest and met several fascinating people. 




The summer was so much fun that I can’t wait to see what the autumn brings!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What to Watch After Stranger Things

Robin Hood is one of the Best Disney Movies

Renn Faire in the Rain