Robin Hood is one of the Best Disney Movies



I’m attempting to watch through every Disney movie I own before my Disney vacation in September.  So far I’ve watched Brave, Cinderella, The Lion King, 101 Dalmatians, Fantasia, Lady and the Tramp, Chicken Little, and the Aristocats.  Today I watched Robin Hood.
            Robin Hood is one of my favorite animated Disney films. The animation, the characters, the songs are all wonderful. Also, it’s the legend of Robin Hood retold with animals, so that’s a winner right there.
            While rewatching it today I noticed somethings.  Prince John reminds me a bit of a weaker, stupider Scar from the Lion King. In fact, he even reminds Hiss of a previous order never to mention his brother’s name, much like Scar banned any mention of his older brother, the former king’s name.  Could Scar have been loosely based off Prince John? It’s an interesting thought.
            I gained a new found appreciation for Lady Cluck. She’s just so awesome and sassy. She doesn’t rely on other to defend her; she jumps right into the fray and kicks.  Maid Marion may not be as tough or sassy, but she’s a genuine sweetheart and certainly not pushover. She risks a lot to speak up for Robin.
            Also, when the sexton’s wife donates their last coin to the church’s poor box, I was reminded strongly of the story of the widow’s mite from the Bible. In that story a poor widow gives her last coin to the temple, showing that her giving was genuine. I liked getting a spiritual lesson from my one of my favorite movies.  God doesn’t expect us all to be rich and able to donate thousands to the church, whatever we can give is what He wants and will reward.   While I love newer Disney movies like Frozen and Tangled, sometimes the older ones are the best. 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What to Watch After Stranger Things

Renn Faire in the Rain