Farewell to Downton

Even though it aired this Sunday, I only just watched the series finale of Downton Abbey today.  While I haven’t watched quite from the series beginning, I’ve watched faithfully since the second season.  My friends, Nicole and Mel were very helpful in helping me catch up before the new season aired and it didn’t take long for me to be completely hooked.
Over the years, I’ve grown attached to the household, upstairs and down, family, and staff. Even the unsavory characters, I’m looking at you Thomas, were fascinating.  While it’s set at the end of the Edwardian era, the issues the character’s face are similar to issues we face today, what it means to be a woman, changing social issues, finding and keeping love, finding your purpose, and just getting through emotional and physical obstacles.  Their joys and sorrows were ones I could relate to, even if I hadn’t personally experienced them.

Because the people were so relatable, they were like family, you loved some, tolerated some, and hoped for the best. In the end, the best is what was delivered. I won’t lie, I cried. I suppose there’s just one thing to do, Downton Abby rewatch!  I’ll need more tea for this. 

Downton Abbey Season 6 Episode 3 Best Quotes ..Allen Leech  ..At long last, and for good! Welcome home, Branson..:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What to Watch After Stranger Things

Robin Hood is one of the Best Disney Movies

Renn Faire in the Rain