Why Star Wars Episode Four is Difficult to Write About

Star Wars A New Hope has been a part of my life for so long that it's difficult to articulate my feelings. I really cannot recall a time when I did not watch this movie, so it's  hard to look at it with fresh eyes, particualry today when I had a bad head cold, but I watched it anyway, twice in fact.

After rewatching the prequels and starting Clone Wars there were aspects I never appercaited before. Leia's adoptive father is a Senator, but so was her birth mother who she never met. It struck me for the first time how proud Padme would be of Leia, not just for following her job choice, but for her leadership in the Rebellion as well.

Also, I found myself being less irratated with Luke and more sympathetic. After all, I know what it's like to feel a bit stuck and confused about my place in the world. I know how it feels to want to run off on a grand adventure but aside from being just too scared to run, I know I have responsibilites to attend to. 

It's also intresting to note how much the anger and pain between Vader and Obi Wan has cooled. The fight between them is all business, no out bursts, no emotion, at least not that either would betray.

Another obervation, I finaly realized why my nephew thought as a toddler that R2D2 and C3PO were the main characters; they are the first ones you see and they lead the viewers not just to Leia, but to Luke, and Obi Wan as well.

While, it's not my favorite of the original triolgy, it holds a special place for me as it was my introduction to Star Wars, my "first step toward a larger world" to quote Obi Wan.  I was reminded of how aweome Han Solo is and was a bit dissapointed that I own the Special Editions where they alter the shootout to make Greedo shoot first, when all know that Han shot first.  I was reminded of friendship was such a vital theme and of how much Star Wars has meant in my life. 

May the Force be with you.

Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What to Watch After Stranger Things

Robin Hood is one of the Best Disney Movies

Renn Faire in the Rain