Christmas Trains


    



It's Christmas Eve! I'll get back to that later, however. First, I want to tell you about the days before today.  To begin with, my week was a extremely sad. My grandmother passed away last Monday and her funeral was Thursday. Needless to say, it was a rough week, but in the spirit or remembering her I'm focusing on Christmas, which she loved and knew how to celebrate.

Saturday was my church's Christmas concert of which I had a small part.  It went  very well and I enjoyed being a part of it as well as watching the choirs and the Nativity. Sunday, my good friend, Mel came to visit me! We went for ice cream and hot coca at Ballyhoo.



















After that, we enjoyed snacks, yes , we had more, it is Christmas time after all, and watched movies. The next day after breakfast we traveled to Scranton to the Steamtown National Historical Site.



  



It was wonderful seeing the trains and the exhibits as well as the seasonal decorations.  Later, we went to a local shop, The Post, that sells handmade candles, soap and other goodies, then picked up our friend Nicole for some frozen yogurt.  It was a wonderful day!

All too soon, Mel had to return home, though I know she's having a great Christmas Eve with her family.  I had to return to work, but Christmas cards and cookies were waiting so it wasn't too bad. Then, at last, I was home for Christmas Eve with my dad!  We ordered Chinese food, opened gifts and watched Doctor Who Christmas specials! Of course, it would not be a proper Christmas Eve without remembering the true reason. Thank you, Lord Jesus for loving us enough to come as a Baby only to grow up and die for our sins. This is all for you. Merry Christmas!





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What to Watch After Stranger Things

Robin Hood is one of the Best Disney Movies

Renn Faire in the Rain