Anthracite Heritage Museum

This past weekend my friend and I visited The Anthracite Heritage Museum .   I had been there once before for an elementary field trip, but have wanted to go back. I love museums and am fortunate that my local area has a few.  
I was surprised how much was inside. I expected the obvious, coal cars, miner's hats, documents, but there was so much more. There was a whole wing about the local textile industry. 
And another detailing the lives of  miners and their families.
A miner's home

miner's church   































Their were also displays detailing the variety  of immigrants that made up the mining community. 
Irish history book















It was a fascinating look into the industry that shaped the local community. Several of the ethnic groups still thrive in the area and it was all thanks to the coal .  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What to Watch After Stranger Things

Robin Hood is one of the Best Disney Movies

Renn Faire in the Rain