Pennsylvania Renaissance Faire



This Sunday I had the long awaited opportunity of visiting the   Pennsylvania Renaissance Faire for Time Traveler’s Weekend.  As always, it’s a pleasure to see the costumes of fellow fairgoers. Though there are always few non time period specific costumes year round, the number increases on some themed weekends. I stepped aside from my usual faire attire and dressed as River Song from Doctor Who, since she is a time traveler after all. 

Aside from looking at all the costumes, some were even on cast members, my group and I had a great time wondering about the shire (the fairgrounds are made to resemble a town or shire).  We followed the story line shows, but mostly wondered around, shopping and seeing a few shows.
The Royal Falconer Show



Circa Paleo, one of my most favorite groups  









 It was nice to go at slow pace because it led us to something new for the whole group, The Dungeon. I’ve often wondered if it was worth the $2.00 extra fee, and we all decided to find out. I can now say that it was. It’s a fun, informative, and yes, macabre museum about medieval torture. 

















The rest of the day went by all too fast and left me wanting to go back yet again to one of my favorite places.  Till next visit PRF!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What to Watch After Stranger Things

Robin Hood is one of the Best Disney Movies

Renn Faire in the Rain