Book Swap Party

I got the idea for a book swap party on Pinterest awhile ago and have been excited to try it out ever since. What urged me to actually throw the party was realizing how many books I had and most likely will never read again, such as the one mentioned in my last post. Why should they sit collecting dust and taking up space on my bookshelves, and floor,and boxes, when other people could read and enjoy them? Giving them away to friends seemed like the best idea, short of opening a used book store, which sometime I would  like to do sometime, but right now, a party was the best option.
I got some decorating ideas on Pinterest, but I mostly stacked books around the house.













 I printed some book themed pictures and hung them up backed by newspaper strips.



Then I took the rest of  the old newspapers and made a table cloth. I liked the concept better than the final result, so I will need to rethink it for the next time.

 For the food, I made popcorn chicken, served chips and popcorn and made little books from fig newtons. My favorite food was the  saltine toffees. I got the recipe from Sugar Bean Bakers blog.

 After exchanging books we played one of my favorite board games.  Now, I have a new book to read and shared one of mine with a good friend! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What to Watch After Stranger Things

Robin Hood is one of the Best Disney Movies

Renn Faire in the Rain