Winter Writing

After a fairly mild winter,  below freezing chills have struck. I don't mind a little cold weather, but this is a bit much, particularly when I have to trudge outside to scrape ice of my car in the wee hours before heading into work. Though something about the cold has inspired me to get much more serious about my writing than I've been for a long time. I've set an editing goal of about ten pages a day, though I'm pleased to say I've greatly surpassed that at times. It may not seem like much, but since I've never held myself accountable in my writing, I wanted to begin small.  I'm hoping to send the manuscript off by the end of this month and I'm confident that I can meet that goal.
To be honest, I never set writing goals, perhaps it was some way of rebelling after all that mind bending college work? I've had deadlines, of course; I write for a newspaper after all, and I've never missed a deadline. But when it came to my own work, I've been terribly lax. Well, no more!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What to Watch After Stranger Things

Robin Hood is one of the Best Disney Movies

Renn Faire in the Rain