I don't know what I want, but I'm on the watch for it.

It's difficult and interesting nearing thirty years of age and still being unsure what you want to do with your life. I still want to write and seek publication, but I have a nagging feeling that the Lord wants me to something else along with the writing.  I've looked into getting my teaching certification, but that simply did not feel right.
I've been looking into going into museum studies, which looks like in many cases I would need to go back and get a history degree and then transfer into a museum studies. It'll be a lot of work, but if that's what I'm supposed to do then I'm willing to do it.
I also have had a longing to open a tea room/ bar for a long time now, but my recent foray into food service has put a bit of a damper on it, though I realize a tea room is much slower pace than a cafe/ deli like I'm working at now.
I think my biggest problem is not knowing what I want or am supposed to do. Don't most people at least have it halfway figured out by now? I just need to learn to trust God through this process and know that when the moment is right He'll let me know what I should be leaning towards.

Comments

  1. I don't have it figured out yet either, Emily.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

What to Watch After Stranger Things

Robin Hood is one of the Best Disney Movies

Renn Faire in the Rain